Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bathroom Issues

Last night when was writing my post I came up with a great topic to write about today. Unfortunately that topic has been delayed by bathroom issues. No, not body ones, plumbing ones. Last night my roommate E came into the living room while I was watching TV and asked me if the tub was ever slow to drain, I said yes, it usually backs up a little, it's nothing to worry about. But more than an hour later the water still hadn't gone down. So I tried plunging and then E and G went out to buy Draino. Nothing worked. And the smell was awful. So we called our landlord (actually we did this before buying Draino), but it was around 11pm and he didn't answer.

So this morning there was no showering. I didn't do my normal workout routine, I washed my hair and other important parts in the sink, and was just generally unhappy (a morning shower is like my caffeine). I gave our landlord another call this afternoon and he said he would come fix it.

I got home around 6:15 and he had fixed it, I tried it and it worked great. So I made dinner, worked out, ate dinner, watched TV, did the dishes, used the neti pot (I'll have to devote a post to the neti pot), washed my face, and I was in the middle of brushing my teeth when I hear G talking to our landlord. I come out of the bathroom and he tells us that the apartment on the first floor is flooded and he thinks he broke through a pipe when he snacked the drain. So he goes downstairs and asks us to try the tub, the bathroom sink, and the kitchen sink. All of it causes flooding in the first floor apartment.

So we can't use any of the water in the apartment (toilet is ok) until he gets a plumber to come in tomorrow. Which sucks for all the obvious reasons. No showers, no brushing teeth, no washing face, no washing dishes, no washing my grapes in the morning. So aggrevating. Luckily I was able to go to LM's apartment (and bring G along) to shower tonight so hopefully we'll be all set until tomorrow, when, god willing, this is fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment