Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Perfect Weekend Day

I really had the most perfect weekend day today. I woke up early and went to the Greenmarket, still nothing too exciting, but I found some stuff. Then I went to Central Park to meet EG and her boyfriend and it was amazing. There was perfect weather, we sat there for 5 hours, all afternoon, just talking, hanging out and having a great time. And there were an amazing number of people there:

Central Park

Central Park was so nice, the grass is so much softer and more comfortable than Prospect Park. There were so many crazy people there. Lots of people with dogs, barely any children (thank god), everyone (literally) was under 30, there were drinkers, sport players, and then this guy:

Yellow Balloon

It's a balloon. That he blew up. With the air from his lungs. It was massive. And he eventually tied a scarf to it and waved it around, and then it burst. And everyone clapped, it was one of those amazing communal experiences. Later a bride came on and everyone stood up and clapped. It was perfect.

After the park we walked up to 78th and Amsterdam to get ice cream and really, it was the perfect night, I can't even tell you. Then I came home and I just wanted to stay home and revel i the fact that I had this amazing, perfect day, but my roommate E invited me to go to a friend's birthday party and then J was going to go so I decided to tag along and it was amazing, too! We went to this great bar on 4th ave. where I had great beer and hung out with cool people. Still got home pretty early, but after being in the sun all day and then drinking I was exhausted.

Really, just perfect. I'm so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment