Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Completely Random Day

For a while now I've been wanting to go to P.S. 1, the MOMA's contemporary art center. Not that I know much about contemporary art, but I read an article about Jonathan Horowitz, whose show is currently on, and I wanted to go see it for myself. It was really interesting, like an idiot I forgot my camera, but it was pretty much what I expected. Here's the NYT review of the show. I would definitely recommend it. 

One of the coolest things I saw was Leoandro Elrich's Swimming Pool; that's what I wish I had my camera for, I might have to go back just to take a picture of it. It's really cool looking down and seeing people below, but then it's really freaky to be one of the people below. The room is just so blue and, I don't know, I almost felt like I couldn't breathe. I don't know if it was because I associated it with being underwater or if I felt claustrophobic, or what. 

If you're going to P.S. 1 I would also check out the Lutz Bacher exhibit. 

The oddest and most fortuitous NY moment happened to me today. I took several subways to get to where I was going, first the F, then the G, then the 7, then the F, then the F again and each time I waited no more than 2 minutes for a train to arrive. In NYC on any day that's almost a miracle, but on a weekend it's practically the second coming.

I actually had a pretty lucky day. I went to Aveda to buy hair gel and finally decided to join their Pure Privileges rewards program and I got not only a free sample hair mask, but also a delightful neck rub. Then I went to a lovely ice cream place in Soho to get a treat (I was going to post the link but when I Googled I was disappointed to find that it's actually a chain). Then I went to Whole Foods, which is what it is, and then had a nice, relaxing evening at home. 

I'm still trying to work out what form this blog will take, if it will be just for me, if I'll share it with my friends, if I'll seek out a readership, or what. I think I'll do something contrary to my personality and just see how it evolves.


No comments:

Post a Comment