Saturday, March 21, 2009

Lavender

I think I've found a solution to my hair issue. I have curly hair. Not just any curly hair; it's super fine and generally just obnoxious. Yet I love it. I love having curly hair, I actually think it defines a big part of my personality. However, winning the battle is another story. But I think I've finally found something that allows me to come out on top. When I got my hair cut last week the instructor (I go to a student place) told the student to get my hair soaking wet, mix a conditioner and a gel, put the conditioner and gel on my hair, and then dry it with a towel. The student didn't really do this, but I still thought it was an interesting idea. The thought of leaving conditioner in my hair kind of grossed me out so I thought I'd try the gel with the product I already use. And, miracle of miracle, it works!! I should take a picture tomorrow. My hair isn't frizzy, the curls look defined and bouncy, and, for the most part, it stays nice looking all day. 

I bought lavender and parsley plants at the Green Market today. I'm hoping they can survive in my apartment. The man who sold them to me told me, in a pretty condescending voice, that herbs do well in very sunny environments so here's hoping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment