Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Eyes!

I wear contacts. I've worn contacts for about 8 years now. I've never had a problem besides the occasional dry eye or whatever. Right before Christmas I made a huge mistake and slept with my contacts in. Since then my eyes haven't been the same. I couldn't go back to my old contacts because they gave me a headache. We tried another pair; not comfortable. We tried another pair; I ripped 4 contacts in a weekend. We tried another pair; I couldn't see out of them. So today he said my only option was going to daily-wear lenses for a few months. I hate wearing my glasses so I was pretty much willing to try anything. I put in the trial pair and everything seemed fine. But it was still like I couldn't see, something was off. So I told him this and he asked if it was a problem focusing. I said, yes, that indeed was what it was like. He did some tests and it turns out that I have focus issues! And he's not sure if I've had these my entire life and never noticed because I wasn't paying attention to what was happening with my eyes or if it's come on recently because of stress or because of the trauma my eyes experienced, but I have a real problem, that explains my eye strain and headaches and fatigue! And there's a solution. I can either not wear my contacts (stupid solution) or I can get a light pair of "computer glasses" as my issues focusing are only up-close. So I have the focus of a 60 year old, but who cares? At least I know what's wrong and that there's a solution.

And, on another good note, I had a lovely dinner tonight. It's restaurant week here in Brooklyn and I went to a very nice Mexican restaurant with a friend from work who had never been to Brooklyn before. The restaurant is on the water and in addition to having amazing pork tacos and strawberry bread pudding, they have a wonderful view. Here's the evidence...

View from Alma

No comments:

Post a Comment