Sunday, March 22, 2009

More Madness

You can totally tell how exhausted I am by reading my posts. I went back through this past week just to see how things were shaping up and there is a definite difference on the posts where I've thought things through and I'm lucid and on the posts where I'm falling asleep as I type. 

This in an in-between post. 

I had a college friend contact me on Friday. I hadn't spoken to her since last summer, we kind of fell out of touch and she wrote me a Facebook message I never got around to answering and I wrote her an email around the holidays that she never answered. I had pretty much written off the relationship. But she sent me a text message saying she would be in the city this weekend, could we meet up. I responded sure and we made tentative plans for dinner Saturday night. Saturday rolls around and I hear from her once in the afternoon, answer her question and there hear nothing until around 9:30 when she asks if I want to meet around 11:30 about an hour away from my apartment for a drink. I say no. She then asks about brunch Sunday morning, I say sure, she tells me she'll call between 8 and 9 Sunday morning. Well I wake up at 8:30 and hear nothing, 9 still nothing, 9:30 nothing, 10:15 nothing. I decide screw this, I go get breakfast around 10:30. She called a little before 11, I ignored the call and then deleted her message without listening to it. Was this passive aggressive? I don't know, maybe. It just reached a point where I didn't want to deal with it. I don't feel like I need to chase people around to get them to hang out with me and I'm not into relationships that involve a lot of drama. My life is no different now than when I first heard from her on Friday. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

In terms of good Madness there was great basketball on today. I went to an amazing bar with about 50 (not joking) TVs. We sat at a booth where there were TVs hanging from the ceiling so we both had our own personal TVs to watch. Thankfully Pitt won (my friend is a big Pitt fan, but it's also good for my bracket). And then there were some really close games that went until the end. And my bracket has recovered nicely, I only missed 2 teams in the Sweet Sixteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment