Monday, March 23, 2009

Oh the drama...

I had a completely middle school experience at work today. There is this man that works with us, he's a sales manager, which is a mid-level position. He's weird. And I don't mean that in a rude way, he just is. And I know lots of weird people that I love dearly, but he is not one of them. He's awkward, he says strange things, and he does magic tricks. No one in our office really cares for him, but my boss is nice to him because she feels bad for him. Getting to my point, apparently last week this man went to my boss and vented to her about how unfair and rude it is that we never invite him to eat lunch with us. Now our lunch group started at about 4 people and is now sometimes as large as 12, but most days is between 8 and 10. We eat in the conference room because it has windows and it's just an escape from work. We're all good friends and most of us are friends outside of work. So the fact that this man, who has never had a normal conversation with any of us, wants to eat with us is just odd. But wait, it gets better, apparently he thinks that I'm the ringleader of the lunch group and that I'm the one that doesn't want to invite him!

So now I feel like some kind of middle school mean girl! Clearly I am not making an effort to exclude him from our lunch group. Do I want him there? No, not at all, but if someone else wanted to invite him or if he just came in I wouldn't say anything to him. Hell, I wouldn't even be rude because I work with him and that's not appropriate. My boss, who is very honest, told him that if he wants to eat with us he should come in and eat with us. That we don't invite her or several other people, but that if any of them wanted to they would come in and join us. This man is in his mid-30s, married, and has a child. I'm just shocked that this is what he spends his time thinking about. 

Ok, petty drama over. I hate being sucked into this crap. Speaking of petty drama, Gossip Girl really sucked tonight. I swear one of the previews for the second half of the season showed Dorota getting a boyfriend, when will that happen? And Blair and Nate back together? Blair belongs with Chuck. And they need to kill off Serena. And Dan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment