Monday, June 8, 2009

A Epidemic of the Pregnants

There are a lot of pregnant people around. I've counted every day since last week, when I first noticed this phenomena, and there are a lot of them. Today I saw either 9 or 10 pregnant women (#10 might have been a man, or a fat woman, not sure). I have some theories:

1. Now that it's nice out and people aren't wearing big coats and layers and it's easier to see who's pregnant.
2. My friend thinks they're all New Years babies, but these women are really pregnant. Someone who got pregnant on New Years (or around the holidays) would only be 6 months pregnant and these women are definitely more than 5-6 months.
3. Therefore they could be Halloween babies or election night babies. I like the idea of election night babies.

Then there's this one woman, I noticed her once getting on the train in Union Square with her stroller, she's very pregnant. Then I noticed her (a few times a week) walking down 18th st. towards Union Square in the mornings (no stroller) as I'm walking away from Union Square. Then I saw her on the train in the morning with me (with stroller). Then this past weekend she was 2 blocks away from my apartment (with stroller and a man who I suppose is her husband). And then today, on my commute home, she was on the same subway care with me (and stroller and this man). I kind of feel like she's stalking me.

No comments:

Post a Comment