Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Softball

This guy at work decided to organize a softball team, just for one game, to play in, what I think is, a trial game to see if it will be a full-time thing. But I'm not really clear. Somehow I ended up on said team, not really clear, I think one of my friends signed me up. Our game is on Thursday (at 5:30 so I get to leave work early!) and today we had batting practice in the batting cages at Chelsea Piers. It was maybe 8-10 guys and 3 girls and out of the 3 girls I was the only one who could hit with any consistency. I think I made contact with all but maybe 1 or 2 of the 40 or so balls I got a chance to hit. I didn't hit them really hard or really far and who knows if I would have succeeded in getting on base, but I did far better than the other 2 girls who could barely hit the ball. And a bunch of the guys were really good. Anyway, I felt like a winner.

Except when one of the balls hit me in the foot. My toe really hurts. I'm hoping it doesn't impede my ability to run as tomorrow is supposed to be workout #3 from week 2 of the Couch to 5k.

No comments:

Post a Comment