Monday, June 15, 2009

The Weather

The weather here is seriously depressing. For the past 2 weeks, literally 2 weeks, it's been raining, nonstop, except for on weekends. And while it's nice to have nice weather on the weekends, the rain during the week is just becoming so dreary. I hate talking about the weather, it's always my fall-back conversation with people I don't know that well, but today weather talk is warranted.

I've actually always liked the rain and thunderstorms, especially on a weekend when I have nothing to do, it's a nice excuse to stay inside and relax. However, normally if it's going to rain I prefer it rain during the week so my weekends are nice. But I don't know if it's living in NYC and having to walk through the rain holding all my bags and my umbrella while dodging other umbrellas and puddles or what, but rain just isn't as fun. Plus to makes the subways all wonky.

When I woke up this morning it was pouring, really, really pouring. That's the other thing, I just don't want to get out of bed with the rain. Normally I wake up at 5:45 and workout, but with the rain I just want to stay in bed. Anyway, I left my apartment and it was misting, I got about halfway to the subway and it was a downpour. I got out of the subway in Manhattan and it was sunny. Then it was sunny all day until around 5pm when it was like world-ending rain.

But, good news, tomorrow and Wednesday look ok:

Good

But then, bad news:

Bad

I want to wear skirts! I want to wear sandals! I want to not sweat in my not-breathable rain jacket! I want to remember what the sun looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment