Sunday, June 14, 2009

Family Outing

The weird event I hinted at yesterday was the joint celebration (is that the right word?) of my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary and a memorial service for my grandfather's sister who died a month or so ago. Now I thought this was odd when I got the birthday card from my grandmother that explained her plans. And other people agree, so I know it wasn't just me. But we went to the 12:30 mass which was celebrated (again, it seems odd to use that word) in honor of my dead great-aunt and my grandparents. My immediate family is not a big church going family. We were raised as Episcopalians and we went to church pretty much weekly when I was younger, but then we stopped. My father's family is very Catholic, but my mother isn't such a fan of the Catholic church and my father is an atheist. So we stay away. But it made church very odd.

After the service we went out for a meal, about 18 of us, it was very nice, I think being around family is always good. And finally, even though I'm not in the habit of posting pictures of my family online, here are my grandparents with their cake:

Grandma & Grandpa's 60th Anniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment