Friday, April 3, 2009

The Best Meal of My Life

Tonight was the last night of restaurant week and I had reservations at Rosewater, an amazing American-local, etc. restaurant 4 blocks from my apartment. I've wanted to go for a long time, but the price was too much. But restaurant week is the perfect time to try places that are normally too pricey, so we went to take advantage and god it was worth it!

I had:

Creamy celery root soup
Roasted chicken with fingerling potatoes and shallots
Chocolate mint cake with pistachio ice cream, cashews, and apples

Then we did the wine pairing and had amazing wines with the appetizers and desserts. Worth every penny of the $23 and then $14 for the wine pairing.

I had another hellish morning commute this morning. Ended up taking the R the entire way to work it was so bad. Didn't get to the office until 9:10 or so. I don't know what the MTA is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment