Friday, April 10, 2009

Home

After a mind-numbingly dull day at work (absolutely no one was there) I made it to my parents' house for Easter weekend. Being at my parents' house is always odd. I've always gotten along with them fine, but we're fundamentally different people (that will be for another post) and we'll never be the parents and kids who are friends or ones that can really hang out together, drink, and discuss our lives. But it's nice to come visit.

It's so odd visiting now and comparing it to when I lived here. When I was in high school and even in college during the summer or during school vacations every minute had to be filled with something, every night needed to be spent out of the house or I viewed myself as a huge loser. But now I come out here and I almost never go out at night and I pretty much just veg out. I can't decide if I was insecure back when I was in high school and college or if I've become too much of a hermit now. It's probably a mixture of both.

And on that cheery note I'm off to bed. I'm feeling much better, btw, although carrying my bag around the city and then working (even though it wasn't exhaustive by any stretch of the imagination) really tired me out.

1 comment:

  1. well LI isn't actually the cultural wonderland that the city is. And you need to de-stress.

    ReplyDelete