Friday, April 24, 2009

Phoenix

Work wasn't as bad as I expected. Still boring, still annoying, but not quite as bad as I like to make it out to be.

I think a lot of my dread about work and my general grumpiness stems from my impending trip to Phoenix for work May 1-5. I don't want to go for a number of reasons:

1. It's 4 days with my boss in a situation where she wants to do everything together and we have a lot of down time because she insisted on going early.
2. I hate flying. I know it's stupid and it's not that I haven't flown a lot, but it just scares the hell out of me. The moment when the plane takes off I'm just filled with panic. I can't be rational about it, I hate it. Even talking about it now is giving me a mini anxiety attack.
3. We're taking the red eye back on my birthday. We land in NYC at 5:30 am on the 5th. And I don't have to go to work that day, but I'd almost rather go to work on my birthday. At least then I'm around people. Spending my birthday trying to recover from jet-lag doesn't thrill me. Plus I always have issues with my birthday.
4. I just don't want to go.

So there's that. But this weekend is supposed to be gorgeous. Temperatures in the 80s so hopefully I can spend time in the sun and feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment