Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Passive Aggressiveness

I have this friend, she's a work friend, and she's a lovely girl, but she's very insecure. And, unfortunately, this insecurity comes out in the form of being nasty to other people. She's someone who loves to dish it out, but she just can't take it. She's also prone to these temper tantrums, where someone does incredibly minor, but it sets her off and she sighs loudly or slams her hands on the table and then storms off and doesn't speak to anyone. She's called me a liar, she says things like "Ok, then I guess you all just don't want me there," etc. So I've adopted a new approach, I just say, "ok." Today she said she guesses she isn't invited to lunch anymore and I said, "I guess you're not." Is this the most mature thing on my part? Maybe not, but what am I supposed to do? I'm not in middle school, I don't want to deal with this. So I'm ignoring.

Yesterday, in my exhausted stupor, I forgot my most important news: I lost 6.4lbs last week!! I was so excited. Clearly I don't expect to lose that much every week, I have realistic expectations of 1-2lbs/week, but it felt good to see such a large number. Definitely a motivator.

No comments:

Post a Comment