Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Old Friend

You might remember that a few weeks ago I read through my old Livejournal from my first and second years of college. While reading through the journal I came across all these people I had pushed to the back of my mind, one of them was this woman JC, who was a manager at the Gap when I worked there, but she's only a few years older than me. I looked her up on Facebook, we messaged back and forth, and that was kind of it.

Then, on Friday, I was walking to the movies, and I ran into her on the street. We chatted for a few minutes and said we should meet for drinks. So tonight we had drinks and it was really great. It's not often that I get to really talk to my friends from high school and college, it's always an email here, a Facebook message there and I never talk to anyone who worked at the Gap with me even though for several years some of these people were my good friends. I felt like I could talk honestly about work and my feelings on moving to the city and my experiences from years ago in a way that I just don't feel comfortable talking about with people I work with, even though those people also double as my friends. I think it's a conflict of interest I never realized and I'm going to have to think about it some more.

We had a great time and we're going to do it again. It just reminded me that I really to branch out.

And work is getting worse and worse. I don't know what to do. Or who to talk to. It just gets more and more frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment