Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sickness

I am sick. Apparently it wasn't just allergies. I woke up with a horrible earache and sore throat. Got dressed to workout, started to do my weights routine and realized this wasn't working. So I wrote an email to work, called the eye doctor's office, and got back into bed. Add in TV and that was the extent of my day.

Except for one unfortunate experience. I decided I needed food because everything I had to eat contained dairy and dairy just makes me more congested. So I decided, against my better judgment, to go to Five Guys for a burger and fries. I procure the food and come home, change back into my PJs, put a DVD in, and settle on the couch. I open my food and instead of regular fries they've given me spicy ones, ok, I can make do. Then I open the burger and it's not a burger at all, it's like a grilled cheese sandwich with an insane amount of fake-looking cheese and tomatoes. Now normally I wouldn't mind, but my whole purpose in spending $8 was to escape dairy. So I call them and the guy says to come back and he'll give me my order, plus a drink, but I don't want to go back, I'm sick, I've changed back into my PJs. I want to go to bed. So he says come back anytime and he'll give me a free meal. Not really free, but a nice gesture. I'll probably never go back because I rarely crave it, but whatever. Live and learn. Don't spend your money on stupid junk food.

1 comment: