Thursday, April 2, 2009

Randomness

This is going to be another random entry.

I bought this:

Laurel Parade?

dress from J. Crew yesterday in gray. I'm debating whether I should get the white too. I need something to wear to the Laurel Parade when I go back to Mount Holyoke for reunion. It has to be white. I have a white dress here that I bought to wear to the Laurel Parade when I graduated, but it didn't really fit and it still fits funny now. Decisions.

Speaking of reunion, since I finally convinced AF to go with me we're on. I'm really excited. 2 years. Obviously doesn't seem like a lot but it's crazy to think about. In honor of the 2 years I decided to look back on what I was doing on April 1, 2007, the year I graduated college.

Emails to AF show that it was the day after one of the legendary College Democrats Date Auctions so it was a Sunday. We went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and when we returned there was this email from the dean:

"You may have noticed heightened activity around the campus and especially perimeter areas. The South Hadley police and fire departments, with assistance from Public Safety, are searching for a missing person who may be at risk of injuring himself. There seems to be no cause for concern about the safety of others. We do not have a picture, but if you have any information that you think may be of use, you can call Public Safety."

This was AF's reply:

"i'm not surprised. this place seems to attract weird people. not including us."

Speaking of April Fool's Day the Huffington Post had this article which contained this interesting nugget of information:

The origins of April Fools' Day are murky, but the likeliest explanation is that it began as a way to mock French people who were slow to switch to the Gregorian Calendar which changed New Year's from April 1 to January 1. These folks were labeled "fools" and some were sent on "fools' errands."

I wonder if it's true or if they're pulling my leg?

No comments:

Post a Comment