Wednesday, May 20, 2009

NPR

I am pretty obsessed with NPR. There is nothing about NPR I don't love. I wake up to BBC World News, if I do weights in the morning I do them to Morning Edition, I have Morning Edition on in the kitchen when I make breakfast and my lunch before work, and again when I'm in my room eating breakfast and getting ready. Then I listen to All Things Considered, Marketplace, Fresh Air, etc. in the evenings if I'm home.

One of my favorite commentators is Frank Deford who does a commentary on sports every Wednesday morning right before 8am. This morning's commentary was about Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal and the French Open and I had a few issues with what he was saying. A month or two ago one of the publicists at work had emailed him about a book we did, and, remembering this, I asked her for his email. So I wrote him this morning and I got this response:

First of all, thank you very much for your kind words.

Secondly, with regard to this morning's commentary, I'm afraid you misunderstood me. Far from suggesting that Federer's win in Madrid should be taken to mean much, I said that Nadal was exhausted and hurt and that power –– ie, Nadal –– still rules. So we're quite in agreement. Much as I like Federer I can't imagine that he has a prayer in Paris. Alas.

I just about died, I feel so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment