Monday, May 11, 2009

Phoenix, Part !

I know I've been neglectful so here's my the first part of my two part post about Phoenix.

Part one will deal with the city of Phoenix and how lame I found it to be. Downtown there are no:

bars
restaurants open past 7pm
delis
grocery stores
convenience stores
drug stores
and god knows what else.

The best way I can think of describing it is like being stuck in a giant office park and there's no where you can walk, you need a car to go anywhere and it's just buildings.

I didn't mind the heat, but the fact that everything is the same color really got to me. Also, it doesn't appear that anyone lives in the city. And there were a lot of homeless people.

Basically I just found it depressing. Now on to the pictures!

Hotel room view

View from my hotel room, those are mountains in the background

cactus!!

A cactus, which there were not really THAT many of, much to my disappointment.

Scottsdale

The tourist hell known as Old Town Scottsdale

Scottsdale art galleries

By the somewhat ok Scottsdale art galleries

And that was my impression of the city of Phoenix. Tomorrow I will showcase some of the more interstings things I saw and did in Phoenix.

No comments:

Post a Comment