Monday, May 18, 2009

Springtime!

Spring Asparagus

Although the weather in NYC today reached a high of 61 (and it felt like a high of 50), it's springtime. In fact, some (like me) even consider Memorial Day, which is this weekend, to be the start of summer.

One of my favorite things about spring is the signs of color at the Greenmarket. And my favorite vegetable of all, the asparagus. It's just the perfect vegetable. It's so tasty and crisp and can be put into almost anything. I've been eating it at 2 meals a day for the past week or so. Today I also had the pleasure of finding strawberries, the first of the season. And they were only $4 a carton!! In the peak season they're usually more.

Tonight I'm off to a charity benefit at the Central Park boat house. I'm excited, although it doesn't start until 9:30 and it ends at 11 so it's a trip for an hour and a half and I won't get home until late. And it's freezing!! We'll see how well I hold up in my outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment