Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Random Conglomeration

Another random post because I'm too tired to put my energy into a real post...

- I went to the doctor for my yearly physical yesterday, she did an EKG and when she got the results back she said, "It actually looks like everything with your heart is fine." And I said, "Excuse me?" I'm 24 years old, what would be wrong with my heart? But apparently that's just what she says normally. The rest of my test results came back today. Everything is great, I am very healthy. My cholesterol is 156, which is apparently quite good.

- Bad thing about the physical. I need to go to the dermatologist. She recommended this to me last year, but I never went, so I need to go. I made an appointment for Tuesday morning. My boss scared me by telling me the first time she ever went to a dermatologist they cut something out of her face. At the FIRST visit! If anyone comes anywhere near me with a knife I'm going to have to have been heavily sedated. Any way, finger's crossed!

- I'm reading a great book:

American Lion

Quite enjoyable on the subway in the morning.

- At work today, in our weekly marketing meeting, we had a contest to see who could name all the books that in this season have netted over $100k. I tied with 2 other people to win. We each get use of the CEO's Kindle for 1 month. I will report back. I'm intrigued by the Kindle, I'm excited to see what it's like, but I'm also afraid I'm going to break/lose/have it stolen while in my possession. Which would not be good.

- What else... how about this disturbing NYT article? This guacamole is delicious. I can't wait to see this movie. Part of which was filed in this restaurant; one of my favorite brunch places in Park Slope. Speaking of restaurants, I am intrigued by this one. And for when you're finished eating you can brush your teeth with this; forget the electric ones, this is what I'm using from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment