Monday, May 25, 2009

Perfect NYC Day

AF is still here visiting with me so we spent the entire day around the city. Except for the sunlight being so bright that I could barely keep my infected eyes with the swollen corneas open, it was a pretty-perfect day.

We went to the MOMA where we saw Tangled Alphabets which I thought was a great exhibit. Totally not what I normally like, but if I ever have money these are the type of things that I want in my mansion. Then I finally got to see Into the Sunset and honestly, I really didn't like it. It was curated by theme, not chronologically and it just didn't make sense and it was difficult to follow. I was not impressed.

Then we went down to Soho and ate at a fantastic Cuban restaurant that I love and then did some shopping. Eventually we met up with AF's high school roommate who briefly went to MHC with us, and that was nice. This girl is a little nutty, she's ADHD, but she's a good person. I guess she's kind of lonely in the city so she kept saying we should hang out. I like her and all and it would be nice to have someone to do crazy stuff with, but I'm not sure how long I could handle her. Evil as that sounds.

Tonight we had dinner at Rose Water, the place I went in April for restaurant week with LM. It was amazing again, their food is beyond. I had the spring onion soup as an appetizer and it was brilliant. Plus I even found a Chardonnay that I liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment