Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Parties

So my two consecutive nights of parties have ended.

Monday night's Urbanstages benefit gala was fun. It was a very monied crowd, I'm not quite sure if I've ever been in a crowd like that before. We arrived during the auction and I had never been to a real, live auction before. It was fun to see really rich people bid insane amounts of money for pretty mundane things. But it was fancy, fun, and there was good food. And actually a good crowd of people. It would have been nice if the weather was warmer. The party was in the Central Park Boathouse so being outside would have been nice, but it was still good.

Tonight's party was the opening of the Mannahatta exhibit at the Museum of the City of New York. I had never been to a museum opening or the Museum before, so it was a night of firsts. My roommate E came with me and we tagged along with my work friend W and his friend. It was a really nice party; good wine, nuts that tasted like fruit loops (really!), and good breadsticks. And I managed to take some pictures at this one...

Museum of the City of NY

Enterance

Courtyard

Opening remarks

Mannahatta Exhibit

Mission Statement

No comments:

Post a Comment